The orange ones!!!!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Sepilok Orang Utan Sanctuary
February 6th 2009
Published: February 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We made it to Borneo!!! On landing at sandakan we were so excited about seeing the orang-utan's in a few hours! Unfortunately it was absolutely chucking it down on arrival and we checked into the hostel all ready for meeting my genetic family!!! We drove over to sepilok so excited, luckily they sold dreadful poncho's we could wear and we waited for the beautifuil orange creatures to appear!! They slowly swung over the ropes into view and they were just breathtaking, they really are so incredible, and virtually the same colour as me!!! The photo's aren't so great as it was chucking it down and the viewing platform was quite a way off but we hung around watching them eat and chew the fat, we nicknamed the two that just sat scratching their asses at the back terry and ian!! When the orang-utan's made their exit we decided to call it a day and walked along the gangway, i looked up in the trees to be greeted by the most beautiful pregnant female in the tree about half a metre away from us! I was scrambling about in the bottomless bag trying to find the camera, tel saved the day and managed to find the camera in time, i was just totally transfixed, they are just amazing creatures and so so graceful and beautiful and very very ginger!!!

Web left the sanctuary very very happy and on an orang-utan high!!!

Tomorrow turtle island!!!

Borneo rules!!!!!

Love you

x x x x x x x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 15; qc: 81; dbt: 0.152s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb