The SkyWalk


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
February 5th 2009
Published: February 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Another City, another 36 hours! we arrived slightly dazed and confused and decided to get the bus and monorail rather than pay the extortionate taxi prices, i didn't realise how far away the airport was from the city! After an hour on a very kitsch coach driven on two wheels at about eighty miles an hour we arrived at the monorail station. we then successfully navigated our way to the right stop for our very posh 3 star hotel! Unfortunately we were befriended by a very over familiar aussie guy who wanted us to see his hotel room and to have a look at ours!!??! Sweating profusely and just wanting to ditch the ridiculously heavy 'rucksacks' (more like dead weights!) we managed to give grant the slip and entered the relative lap of luxury with an amazing view of the Petronas Towers.
We arrived mid afternoon so had a dip in the rooftop pool and an early night. We started our full day in KL with another rooftop dip overlooking the towers, had some breakfast and sped off to queue up for our free tickets for the skywalk, which at the time seemed a good idea but as it closer to 2.30 i started to get slightly nervous!! Having watched megastructures on the twin towers it was amazing to see it, they really are incredible structures, (Jono, you have to go there, you would love Singapore too, definitely your next trip after the US i reckon!)
After queuing up wew ere shown an amazing video which was the best piece of brand promotion i have ever seen we went up the 41 floors to the skywalk and surprisingly, i really enjoyed it! So glad we made it up and my legs only went to jelly once, it elped it was totally enclosed!
Twin towers accomplished we went over to cebtral market where we tried out the malaysian fish spa where 'doctor fish' give you a pedicure, was very tickly at first but was incredible!! Then we had an hours foot massage, it's a very hard life in laysia!! Then we walked through the immense market where there was every fake product in the world, luckily, the bags are way too heavy to even contemplate adding to them! We did manage to get a copy of madagascar 2 for the kids to share so i will pass that onto luce as the post from borneo is pretty rubbish! If anyone wants any dvd's or anything, give ne a shout and i will try and get em for ya!!
All shopped out we went back to the hotel pretty late to discover our flight to sandakan was at 7am rather than 11 which we thought so we had to pay the worlds most expensive taxi to the airport!

We are now off to Borneo, to Sandakan first, where we will meet up with my real family, the orangutan's and then onto turtle island and the kinabatagan river!

Hope your all well, not been able to get in touch as my phone is dead and tel's doesn't work and internet access has been very hit and miss so sorry not emailed individually but we are both really well, having a brilliant time and thinking of you all lots.

Lots of Love

Us Pair
x x x x x x x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



19th February 2009

Fish feet
Please let me just clarify something - you let a fish give you a pedicure?! how?!!!! just one fish? lots of fish? how do they hold the file?! weirdest bloody thing i have ever heard, but if i was there i would have definately had a go too! singapore looks much more up my street and i am loving the change of pace to luxury now!! Enjoy. i am off to read about your relatives x

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb