Trekking in Borneo


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Crocker Range
September 23rd 2007
Published: September 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Crocker RangeCrocker RangeCrocker Range

Hidden Valley
Trekking is one of many activities that sabah ( Borneo ) provides some are created base on the salt trail used by locals and missionary in the old days. But many has been establish base on hunting trail by the native. Camping out and trekking is one of my hobbies it gives knowledge of survival and Independence to me. There are many people who goes out in to the wilderness trekking and roughing it out come back with wild story's of their experience whether its spiritual or just cultural shock for them its always fun as a dinner story.


Crocker Range

Crocker range is one that has been going on for many years only a few company does this trek as it is one of the thoghest in Sabah. The trek starts off as a gradual climb and river crossing is unavoidable a minimum of 5 days is the best to enjoy this journey. The last day is where mind verses body as the trek ascends up all the way to the ending point at ta substation (Tikolod).


Maliau basin

This is the mother of all trekking in Sabah practically isolated from the modern world
Lost World Of Maliau BasinLost World Of Maliau BasinLost World Of Maliau Basin

Malaysia's finest remaining wilderness " The Lost WOrld of Maliau Basin"
maliau has become increasingly popular amongst trekker lovers. This trip also requires 5 Days in total there is a choice of selecting your trail. The trek is as i grad it from 3 to 5 depending on the trail that one takes. The wildlife is abundant hear gibbons, wild buffalo, Deers and other mammals and birds can be easily seen hear. Take a night drive and you will be greeted by deers and other big wildlife hear.

Long Pasia

Now this one is just for enjoyment. it take 4 days from Long pasia village to trek to Long semado on the other side which one will be literally crossing the border of Sarawak in the middle of nowhere. Wildlife is not as good as in Laha Datu, Sandakan or Maliau basin but the trail it as good as it gets. The best thing trekking hear is you have a chance to over night in an old fashion way, since there is no accommodation provided the only comforts is a hammock and a tarp you sleep under. You can visit the water mega falls not fare from the village of course it take 2 days and a night trekking to get there.

Other places that is enjoyable for trekking and camping out in Borneo,

1) Head Hunters trail ( Sarawak )
2) Babagon Laut ( Sabah )
3) Kg Manggis ( Sabah )

There is a need of preparation and planning to go out in to the wilderness, the best is to ask from experience people that you know have done trekking for a while. Do not go unprepared.

Remember that trekking in the rain forest always has a price of donating blood...if your not good at creepy crawlies and slimy bloodsucking friendlies that means your not suppose to be there in the first place.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb