Day 14 - Penang


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang
April 5th 2012
Published: April 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Ok, so today we headed up the peak of Penang Hill by way of Funicular railway. This was very similar to the peak ride we had in Hong Kong but I’m sure this one was steeper in parts. Either way it was a great ride and the view from up top was fantastic. I am quite surprised at how quickly these things move. There are slower patches but when they move, they move – or maybe it’s just because I’m a scaredy cat and it feels like it’s moving faster than it actually is. We didn’t have the clearest day but that didn’t matter. It was still great to be up there. Once up there we had a fabulous surprise. We saw our neighbours from over the back. We knew we were on Penang at the same time but hadn’t actually made any plans to catch up as neither of our phones was working over there.

We had a look around the top and they now have an owl museum there. It was great to have a look around at all the different owl items in there...

We headed back down from the hill and made our way to Gurney Plaza – more or less like any other shopping centre. Had a little look around and Dani and Zav made a sand picture each.

From here we made our way to Tescos as we knew it would be the last time we would get there on this trip. We stocked up on all the yummies we like from there that we can’t get/or is hard to get in Aussie. We ended up spending 2 hours here.

It was nearly 6pm by the time we knew it so we headed back to Batu Ferringhi waterfront and Dani and Zav both had a henna tattoo painted on their feet/ankles. They were hand-painted and a job well done. They look great. We then settled down for some dinner at one of the beachfront restaurants called Bora Bora. It was semi-busy here and unfortunately we were quite disappointed with the service. The staff was nice enough but it all seemed very unorganised. We had to wait the longest for any meal that we’ve had while being on holidays. I had a Thai noodle dish – it was spicy and delicious. Stu had a rendang and he was neither here nor there with it.

After dinner we headed out to look around the markets. We walked the markets and purchased a few things here and there. The yummy fresh fruit that is already cut up for you can be purchased everywhere throughout the markets and is a nice snack for in the heat.

Tomorrow we were making our way for Kuala Lumpur so we headed back to Miami Green to pack up for our early start.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb