Finding Nemo on Tioman


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » Penang National Park
October 29th 2014
Published: November 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Singapore-Tioman


Palau TiomanPalau TiomanPalau Tioman

Beach boulders
My first journey was to lovely tropical island on the east side of Malaysia- Tioman, which is considered one of the most beautiful islands of the regions. In order to get there you need to get to Mersing and then take a ferry (beware that due to the tide ferries leave Mersing only in the mornings). After an hour on the doubtfully stable ferry you will find yourself in the heaven of snorkling, diving, rock climbing (sic!) and seafood.

Weather is sunny and hot- perfect for suntanning and any water activities. Beach is sandy and rich with corals and shells which make it perfect treasure hunting place. Though entrance to the sea is rather unpleasant due to sharp rocks and corals, therefore feet coverage might be good idea. When you finally enter the sea there is a haven that compensate all the difficulties. Variety of sea rocks enabled growth of amazing sea life- finding not only nemo but whole aquarium becomes easy as Sunday morning. After skorkling or diving (on Tioman license is required) you can wear your climbing shoes and go back to the beach filled with boulders of all sizes, that can hearts of every rock climber beat faster and hands automatically reaching to the chalk bag.

After this nicely tiring day I would suggest leaving resort and heading towards nearest local bar- you will not only be served nice cocktails on the beach but also if asked nicely some local will go to some food place and bring fresh fish and sea food at prices that make you think you will never leave this place. Also I must say that the fish brought to us in a Styrofoam container on a how-the-hell-this-still-works bike was so far the best one I have ever had!!!

Tioman is a mountain island tightly covered by the tropical jungle, which hides rocky streams and picturesque waterfalls, therefore the second day we spent hiking in a rain forest along the beach and bathing either in ice cold streams or warm salty ocean, finishing our adventure in a small village where we had another portion of amazing seafood. After late lunch we took a fast boat which brought us back to the resort- also very nice way of sightseeing, though be careful while snorkling- often boat drivers hit the swimmers.

Second day of this small and lovely vacation was finished again
Palau TiomanPalau TiomanPalau Tioman

It is hot there, make sure you drink enough!!!
in the beach bar where we had bonfire and where we stare at the milky way for the whole night...


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Palau TiomanPalau Tioman
Palau Tioman

Rain forest hike
Palau TiomanPalau Tioman
Palau Tioman

Let's start a nice walk through...
Palau TiomanPalau Tioman
Palau Tioman

...a tropical jungle
Palau TiomanPalau Tioman
Palau Tioman

Paradise
Palau TiomanPalau Tioman
Palau Tioman

mimosa field
Palau TiomanPalau Tioman
Palau Tioman

Bean curd vegetables and Thai squid :)
Palau TiomanPalau Tioman
Palau Tioman

Pepper crab
Palau TiomanPalau Tioman
Palau Tioman

Bouldering paradise


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb