Bintan Buccaneers


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Riau Archipelago » Bintan
November 20th 2014
Published: November 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


BintanBintanBintan

Days on Bintan were spend either in a hammock with a book
Bintan is a rather big island, a few kilometers on the south of Singapore. It is easily accessible by the ferry leaving from the Changi port (don't forget to fill in your liquor stocks in the duty free store). After a rather short and comfy ferry trip there is going to be a taxi waiting for you to take you to the resort and additional shopping on the way there. Our taxi driver was a very nice and talkative guy, who has told us probably everything there is to know about durians (along with showing us durian trees), collection and prices of rubber, local traditions, geography and fauna and flora.

About an hour drive we reached our resort, mainly containing small, wooden shacks, hammocks all over the place and a dining area. Since the weather was lovely we have spent our weekend there either laying/walking/playing on the beach or lovely, crystal clear ocean, or reading books in the hammocks between two palm trees.

There is the possibility of renting a bike and having a trip along the island and visiting one or two villages, must say the views are amazing- especially during the sunset.

Evenings were spent as
BintanBintanBintan

or chilling on the beach
real buccaneers do: drinking rum on the beach, by the bonfire!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

BintanBintan
Bintan

and swimming in a crystal clear water


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb