Chicken Rice!!!! Melaka!!!!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Melaka » Melaka City
November 20th 2014
Published: December 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


MelakaMelakaMelaka

Proince roasted pork belly
When I was leaving London and my Malaysian friend was constantly repeating "Chicken rice" like some kind of magic spell I didn't know how to react. If you are trying to imagine the most boring and tasteless dish possible, it is cooked chicken breast with rice. And at this point both me and you cannot be more wrong. Detailed preparation of chicken rice is rater complicated and my knowledge in this subject is limited, but what I do know is that properly prepared dish is flavorsome, moist and served with steaming hot broth can be easily used as panacea for every misfortune in life. This is the chicken rice served in the Restaron Famosa in Melaka. Make sure you go there early because in the late afternoons and evenings most of the goods are simply wiped of by the hungry mob. We've tried both roasted and steamed chicken, traditional for Melaka rice balls and roasted pork. And from that very moment whenever someone will ask me "what was the best pork I've ever eaten?" the answer will always be: " Roasted pork belly in Melaka!!!"

The rest of Melaka is also wroth seeing as it is UNESCO's World's Heritage City.
MelakaMelakaMelaka

Masterpiece on the table
There is nicely preserved old town, with streets turning into markets in the evenings, a lot of bars places along the river and abundance of temples of different religions.

Though if I'm ever to come back there, food will be the driving force.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

MelakaMelaka
Melaka

Masterpiece on the table
MelakaMelaka
Melaka

Master chef!


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb