Gunung Pulai one day hike


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Johor » Johor Bahru
November 20th 2014
Published: December 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Living in Singapore definitely has it's advantages- the biggest one it possibility of traveling all over south east Asia within few hours. I've met Andy at the Jurong East in the morning, 20 min by MRT later we were going through the border at Woodlands and then straight to JB. Quick breakfast and coffee, buying some lunch and water for the road and to the taxi. Taxi driver took us to the mountain and left us there. Whole trip was about an hour and cost us over all 50 RM. Going up the gunung Pulai is rather straight forward as there is an asphalt road whole way up, though it is not easy. Temperature around 30'C and humidity around 100% makes the whole trip nice cardio exercise.

First part of the hike is rather crowded as there is a stream running along the road with clear water and picturesque rocky waterfalls. Local people usually go to the first "entrance" and have there picnics and a swim, though it is not very appealing as they simply leave a lot of trash behind. So we quickly passed it, trying to get rid of the locals wanting a picture with a couple of western blonds (there are places where tourists are the attraction 😊.

After that the route is less crowded and way less trashed. The way up is completely surrounded by the jungle, with occasional windows to the stream. The very top of the mountain is unaccessible because that's where military antennas are placed so I would advise finishing the trip few about 200 m below, in the place where the view is (there is basically one or two such places to it is easy to spot). We were very lucky as on the top we've met great bunch of people willing to take us back to the JB, but next time we will for sure take number to the taxi driver so he could come back to pick us up.

Climbing down, we went a bit off road, went into the stream and continued our road in there. That was very exciting and wet adventure which finished in the small pond just before about 10 m waterfall. amazing view, though remember to bring some sandals as stream bottom is rocky and tricky as well as change of cloths.

This is definitely a trip for those livining in Singapore and wanting to spend a day a bit different plus see how tropical jungle really looks like.











*some of the photos are taken by me some by Andy Breeson


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 34; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb