Amazing street art of Penang


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » George Town
December 24th 2014
Published: January 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We've started our Christmas trip to Penang from eating great Thai food in Golden Mile complex and singing Bohemian Rhapsody in the bus (night bus is actually budget but very comfy way of traveling from Singapore to Malaysia as the buses usually have only 3 rows of seats, which are wider than usual and have plenty of leg space, so you can sleep easily through out whole night).

Since we were there with rather big group of 8, we decided it will be best if we rent an apartment in the city instead of the hotel and in my opinion it was great idea. Penang is a big island with a variety of landscapes- form nice beaches, rain forests, Buddhist temples, amazing old town, to OSRAM factory and airport.

First few days we have spent i the old town admiring great street art, museums or simply spending slow afternoons and evening in the local cafes or bars and stuffing ourselves with amazing food in the local restaurants and hawker centers.

Penang is well prepared for tourists and offers variety of gardens where we can admire south-east asian fauna and flora gathered together. After educational part it is good to sit at the beach with fresh coconut or mango juice or order seafood noodles for less than 1£!!!

Apart from great food and cheap drinks Penang offers variety of temples from which the most famous is Kek Lok Si- biggest Buddhist temple in Malaysia and one of the biggest in the whole region. I must say that whole temple along with funny tunnel filled with market stalls that leads to the temple is quite impressive and a must-see of Penang. If you make a bit of effort and climb up the pagoda you can admire the panorama view over almost whole island from one shore to another.


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.045s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb