On The Road


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » George Town
December 31st 2012
Published: December 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Well, I've finally lost my 'Puncture Virginity' this morning on my way down here to Georgetown, Panang Island, Malaysia. The 2 previous 'blow outs' don't count. New years eve here is hotting up properly. Pulsing muzac, and fireworks to start shortly. This is apparently a "World Heritage Site' Something to do with colonial history, East India company, chinese immigration in late 19th century and all the buildings that go therewith. Pretty place but more like Hong Kong skyline with old buildings buried somewhere in the cityscape.

Will roost here a couple of days before moving south to Kuala Lumpur.

Happy New Year to 1 ( or 2) and all.

Nick/Cyclopath

Advertisement



31st December 2012

HNY to you too! Happy riding in 2013.
31st December 2012

Happy NY to you too
Nick - enjoy your 2/7 roosting. PS: difference between blow out and puncture for us non-cycling psychopaths? Surely just semantics being used to skew the stats?
6th January 2013

Blow-Out
How VERY dare you!. A blow out is when the tyre comes right orff the rim. It's noisy and particularly annoying as both were self inflicted. Yes the stats have to be skewed to justify this whole silly trip. What would my sponsor ( Lin) think of me if I just had ordinary punctures like ordinary cyclists. I've had 2 proper punctures in the last week to make up for the previous deficiency so now joining the ranks of the common peddler. Had to happen but now a new tyre and should be sorted......
6th January 2013

Hi Ho The Open Road
Nat'n Matt, You'll love Thailand and Malaysia tho it is a tad warm here at 2 degrees north. Lovely roads, Lovely people and mostly , lovely cheap food. When do you start on the Karakorum?

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb