Out of the city!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » George Town
March 6th 2009
Published: March 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday morning we packed our bags and jumped on a 9am bus to Butterworth. The bus didn't actually leave till 10.30, we were ropable by the time we left! The bus journey took aprox 4.5hrs, the scenery was beautiful; green and luscious.
Once arriving at Butterworth we caught a ferry to George Town. After trudging up and down the hot, dirty streets of china town we settled on a small hostel to stay for the night. All the 'hotels' we looked at were disgusting, it was like the whole town was stuck in a time warp and renovations hadn't been done for years!
Highlight of Penang was definitly the burger warang we found...amazing chicken burgers for 90cents!
This morning we went to the Langkawi ferry terminal, and hoped tickets were still avalible. Luckily we got on the 8am ferry, 2.5hrs of sitting on the top deck in the sun (was amazing) we arrived in Langkawi.
A taxi transported us to a popular tourist beach, after 2hrs of searching we found a small lovely homestay run by an ex Iranian Cournal and his Japanese wife. The room is part of a small 3bdr house, the owners are probably the friendliest people we have met so far its great!
We haven't taken any pics of the beach yet...but its amazing!
Love,
Kris and Jess
sorry no photos today internet is too slow, we will upload them tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb