Penang - Another country another chapter


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » George Town
May 29th 2008
Published: May 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Cheong Fatt Tze MansionCheong Fatt Tze MansionCheong Fatt Tze Mansion

Not a bad gaff for a few days kip
Flew into Penang, an island off the west coast of Malaysia (obviously via Singapore for the second time...only another 3 times through that blooming place to go). Though we arrived late it was the kind of place you could wander the streets at night, with a back pack and not feel like a sitting target! Had a lovely taxi driver who was so impressed that there were tesco's outside of Malaysia that the thought of a 24hr tesco's in the UK was nearly too much for him!

We had a couple of nights at the Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion (jacky chose this accomodation, can you tell) Its a UNESCO world heritage site steeped in history with perfect Feng Shui (we found that out on the tour). The building was so beautiful that we did not really stray, hence the lack of photo's.

Moving on to the cooler Climate of the Cameron Highlands next, in black country terms this is Mecca for all you tea drinkers out there (you know who you are)




Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

RickshawsRickshaws
Rickshaws

We only have pictures of the place we stayed at as it was sooo lovely we didn't really move !


29th May 2008

Tough Life
I see you continue to slum your way around the globe.... Those tea plantations look amazing too. All looks very picture-sque. Do they make earl grey there though...?

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb