Angkor Wat - and no Lara Crofts in sight


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
May 24th 2008
Published: May 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The famous Angkor WatThe famous Angkor WatThe famous Angkor Wat

Truely stunning
Backpacking around the world is rough. We stayed for 3 days in a luxury hotel in Siem Reap close to the famous Angkor Wat temples. It was part of a package and Jacky was rather excited by all the extra bits that we had with it (Many many vouchers). These included massages, swimming, free cocktails (Happy hour whatever the hour !) and a tuk tuk driver at our desposal. Oh yeah and the ancient ruins !

The temples are stunning as a few photos should hopefully give you an idea, the pyramids have nothing on this place in our opinion ! Still finding Cambodian people to be wonderful, their smiles just get bigger each day, tourism doesn't seem to have jaded them yet.

Went to a traditional Khymer dance show as well (Free buffet) with girls with the bendy-est fingers and toes in the world, all in all we can't rate Cambodia enough and we are next off to Malaysia, haven't really got a clue what to expect or a plan at the moment but I'm sure it will all happen.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

MonkeyMonkey
Monkey

Following in Lara Crofts footsteps, without the tight shorts and guns though ...
Temple detailTemple detail
Temple detail

At the ladies temple (Cos it's pink)


25th May 2008

DAMN YOU!
Your ability to update your blog whilst halfway across the world has only gone and inspired me to buy an iTouch, just ordered mine, Fowler is also to blame for his flaunting of shiny gadgetry whilst in ireland. Anyone wanna buy an 80gb classic ipod??? Good to see you are having a fab time.
26th May 2008

OC's Right
Yes damn you!!! I wasn't gonna get sucked into the Apple cart, but I want one now that I can see how ace they are. Great to see you're roughing it loads (luxury hotels). "Decisions Decisions so what memory do I get Mr ITouch sales rep. Carry on having fun, while we're stuck in rainy Britain. Paul
28th May 2008

Angkor Wat just looks amazing, definately on my list to go to.

Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb