Sky High


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » George Town
January 19th 2024
Published: January 21st 2024
Edit Blog Post

The Komtar tower in Georgetown is famous for it's glass walkway 68 stories up. There's also a very narrow walkway that you can walk on around the outside of the building on, 65 stories up. A harness in needed for this for obvious reasons.
Our first task here in Penang was to get to know our way around the narrow busy streets and the public bus routes.

Within half a day we'd mastered this- well almost ! The tourist map we'd been given by our hotel was a great help.

There's a free bus that runs around the city where you can hop off and hop on again. It loops around in all directions so a bit difficult to know where you're actually going to end up but we got there in the end.

Having mastered the free bus we headed to the Komtar tower. It's a ' must do' when in Penang.

Once in the observatory on the 65th floor we came across the first glass floor. This one was completely enclosed by glass by felt so scary stepping onto it with a feeling the glass would give way any moment plunging you down to the streets below.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Cruise liner docked.Cruise liner docked.
Cruise liner docked.

Some people take the easy way to get here!
On top. Claimed to be the world's most luckiest seat On top. Claimed to be the world's most luckiest seat
On top. Claimed to be the world's most luckiest seat

It will need to be for what we are about to do!
68 floors up. Walking on the sky bridge outside. 68 floors up. Walking on the sky bridge outside.
68 floors up. Walking on the sky bridge outside.

Love the special shoes we had to wear!
On a walkway around the outside of the tower.On a walkway around the outside of the tower.
On a walkway around the outside of the tower.

Yes a harness was very necessary.
But only the guide at the front was clipped to the wire above!But only the guide at the front was clipped to the wire above!
But only the guide at the front was clipped to the wire above!

Everyone else was clipped to the one in front. If one tumbled off the edge they would all be left dangling!!


Tot: 0.361s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 78; dbt: 0.1632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb