An alternative destination of Genting Highlands - Bukit Tinggi


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang
August 1st 2008
Published: August 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

For those who have visited Genting Highlands, it is certainly a place of fun and excitement to enjoy the coldness in a hot country like Malaysia. However, Bukit Tinggi, it is an alternative place where u can enjoy chilly weather and beauty of highlands. It does not have much excitement as in Genting Highlands but you can certainly find it a place to unwind yourself in a highland of 3000m. You may also find a lot of pine trees growing along the way up to the hill.

Colmar Tropicale Resorts, in Bukit Tinggi, was built with French concept architecture. A Castle typed entrance is built to welcome the visitors. There is only one street of French architecture building. It is certainly a nice place to take picture for those who wish to experience a stay in the European structured buildings. However, it may not give you full taste of the European lifestyle as you can’t find any French people who can tell you about the French culture. You may be able to enjoy the Malaysian culture and life in a French street. Sometimes I wonder does it really matter to experience the French living in Malaysia or in Paris? Or the people whom you will be going together?

A Scenic Japanese Garden in Bukit Tinggi

Besides the French buildings, you can’t do much if you don’t enjoy outdoor and nature expedition. You may find some outdoor activities like visiting the Rabbit Farm, The Japanese Garden and The Organic Farm and Elephant bathing in places nearby the resorts. I personally enjoy the Japanese Garden and the organic farm as I am a nature lover. The Resorts provide free transport to these place and both are entrance free. You may find different type of plant species in the Garden. It has a pond which full of koi fish. There are also some small Japanese houses in the garden. A lot of beautiful flowers have been planted in the garden. You may also find some herbs and medication plant in the garden. It seems some of the trees grew may be 100 years and above and it is still well preserved due to the weather and the natural habitat to these trees. Your eyes will certainly not feel tired after the visit as everything is greenish and not stressing. Has anyone visited this place?

What does a celery look like in an oraganic farm?

The organic farm is small and along the hillside. According to the caretaker, all the water is from the hill and non pesticide type. They have been trying to cultivate the farm about two years ago and it is a new attraction at this place. As most cityfolks like us may not have seen how each type of vegetable is being grown. We were being introduced to different type of plant like celery, misai kucing, butterhead, broccoli, cauliflower and ashitaba flowers, and cherry tomatoes. I was surprise that the stem of celery doesn’t look big or the type of celery that I saw in the hypermarket. I was told that the stem of celery originally is thin and it is just that it was being compressed to grow to a big stem. That was my first discovery….How ignorance am I?

This is how celery look like in an organic farm.

The food that we are eating has so much preservatives and our future generation are being fed with foods that full of pesticides and preservatives. Food that has being grown beyond their original shape and source. Gosh….that’s why children nowadays are allergies to certain food and things…I guess it is good to educate our children on how our food is being processed rather than just tell them what is can be eaten and what not? May be parents too nowadays don’t really know how the food is being processed too or how to plant it…….

Find out more in my travel blog: http://econaturetravel.com/2007/12/


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb