Genghis Khan(Chinggis Khan) Statue in Mongolia


Advertisement
Mongolia's flag
Asia » Mongolia » Ulaanbaatar
October 24th 2008
Published: October 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

All i know about Mongolia is only Genghis Khan and cold weather when i came here. Genghis Khan(Chinggis Khan) is the Hero of Mongolia. People may not know what is happening in Mongolia but certainly know what has the Hero of Mongolia has done in the past. He managed to unite many of the nomadic tribes of northeast asia and formed the Mongol Empire. He also invaded East & Central Asia. During his life, the Mongol Empire eventually occupied most of Asia.
Our first stop is the Chinggis Khan Statue Complex which is still under construction. It is located 54km from Ulaanbaatar, surrounded by beautiful natural scenry on the bank of Tuul River. It is 40m high from surface with a 10m high foundations.
The statue reflects his courage and power of Genghis Khan. It holds a golden whip on his right hand riding a horse. Though it is not complete construction yet, we managed to get in and have a view of the surroundings from the top. Visitors will be able to walk to the head of the horse through chest and back of the horse. Visitors too can capture panoramic view around the complex. Recreation area, restaurants and souvenir shops, conference hall are planned to be built inside the complex. Some ger gamp surrounding the complex is also under construction. Ger camp which will be built and arranged like the pattern of horse seal which were used by the 13th Century Mongol Tribes.
Besides that, there are also 100 trees that were grown before u reached the complex as large part of the surroundings here were steppes and nothing can be grown there. these 100 trees grown exactly there every year. Take note on these trees before u reach there.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb