The Hills Have History


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Tanah Rata
August 25th 2007
Published: August 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

My last day in Tanah Rata, gonna be a shame to leave this beautifal spot but moving on to bigger and better things. Local transport runs pretty frequent so I decided on a trip out to the time tunnels a museum recently set up to depict the history of the Highlands. Filled to the brim with photos and memorabilia of the local towns and an insight into how the tourist trade called for massive development from the 50's onwards.
A fitting tribute to Jim Thompson the starter of the silk trade from Thailand whom became lost, never to be found while hiking in the Highlands.
Next I went next door to one of the many Strawberry farms in the area. Got the chance to do some picking and tasting- not quite British Strawberries but damn tasty none the less.
Being Saturday ESPN was showing all the premership matches from 8pm through till 2am. Need I say more, me and a couple of the residents stayed up drinking to the early hours and decided on a late night stroll in town. Big mistake as one (no need to mention his name) feel off the wall while dancing along it and done some rather nasty damage to his elbow although this wasn't to be discovered until the next morning....bless the burke!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb