Tioman Island


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Pulau Tioman
September 30th 2007
Published: October 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We left Melaka and took a trip over to the Tioman Island, famed for being in the Times Magazines top ten best beaches in the world.....although this was 1971. We arrived at ABC beach on Tioman, and i dont think ive been to a worst beach in England.........no sand.....but loads of sand flies (how does that work?) and rubbish everywhere. Lets just say we made a sharp exit to Salang, another beach further down.

To be fair this was alot nicer, although very quiet a the time. The place we stayed at was quite nice, and the lady owner had a pet monkey who was 1 month old. Hands up who knows what Bex wants for Xmas........and we did joke about kidnapping the monkey with the owner! The beach was alot better but there were still loadsa sand flies everywhere, and quite a bit of rubbish lying about. 1971 was a long time ago!

he one cool thing about Tioman is the monkeys, who are everywhere, and the HUGE 6ft Monitor lizards!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



31st December 2007

The Perhentian Islands are in a different league to Tioman, and this tainted our view of the island somewhat. Some friends of ours stayed on tioman and loved it..... but id advise you to fly to kota bharu and go to the perhentians....the diving is unbelieveable (we didnt dive....snorkelling we saw turtles/sharks ect), the water is clearer and its alot cheaper!! Has a much better vibe aswell......our favourite beach place on the road so far!! Both places there are speed boats....3 hours to tioman and 90 mins to the perhentians.

Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0804s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb