Melaka


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Melaka » Melaka City
September 28th 2007
Published: October 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After jumping on a public bus we traveled from KL to Melaka, only a couple of hours away. This place has lots of colonial history

Arriving at the bus station in Melaka we were shown some pictures of a really nice hostel and decided to go and have a look and caught a local bus to the hostel. The place were we stayed was really unique and had a traditional living room which consisted of a wooden floor and seats on the floor. We were given two rooms to chose from, which was lucky as this place is usually very popular and difficult to get a room. We chose a cosy room up in the loft.

We decided to have a wonder and took a tour around the naval museum - Melaka used to be a Dutch trading post back in the 1800's, and it had quite a few old ships, combined with some of the newer Malaysian vessels. Luckily we managed to miss a school trip who arrived just after we left.

We headed to China town for some food and after wondering the streets for nearly and hour we eventually managed to find somewhere to eat. There was lots of street vender's selling food but due to our past experience of eating at them, mainly the consequences, we decided to pass and head somewhere more more modern.

The next day we went on a long walk round Melaka - we saw the old church at the top of the hill which the British turned into a lighthouse, went for a ride on one of the tri-shaws complete with its own Bass box (we listened to the backstreet boys!!) and saw most of the old temples and dutch buildings.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 77; dbt: 0.0954s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb