Monkeys, lizards, kittens......and a JCB!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Pulau Tioman
March 1st 2007
Published: March 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

TiomanTiomanTioman

View from our beach.....is the monsoon season truly over?!!
We had decided to stay here for 6 nights, to have a rest and relax.

On the first day, we went for a walk to Tekak, the main town on the island. The island is beautiful but as we walked from Air Batang to Tekak, we noticed that some areas needed clearing up a bit. The monsoon season had just ended so maybe the locals were going to start clearing up. It was also very quiet, as we had arrived out of season. Basically, life is very laid back here and the only thing we had to watch out for is not to get run over by a motorcycle as we shared the same pathways! It was also clear, as we walked towards Tekak that a lot of building work was going on, building a marina and possibly some hotels.

We basically became beach bums here! We just relaxed, went swimming in the sea, read and played a game called Sahibba (which is basically Scrabble) - by the end of the week, I had won two games - unfortunately so had James!

Whilst we were sitting on the beach one day, a JCB passed us by! Basically it
Building building building.....Building building building.....Building building building.....

..does it ever stop?!
was moving sand and stones from the beach to somewhere behind us - it was quite funny in a way, here we were on an island that is quite unspoilt and then this monstrosity of a thing drives by!

Cats were in abundance on this island. We did not feed them but I think the locals do, probably scraps from the restaurants. There were also some kittens, very sweet! We also saw quite a few monkeys in the trees, it's a weird sight, we are so used to seeing them in zoos only. We also had a friend in the form of a monitor lizard (I think) - and he was pretty big!

By the end of our stay, we were both looking forward to moving on - one can only be a beach bum for so long! And I suppose we are used to a faster way of life!

Next stop...Melaka.




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Sunset CafeSunset Cafe
Sunset Cafe

..I've suddenly acquired a taste for Tiger Beer!
SunsetSunset
Sunset

Our own sunset - and James in the distance!
More SunsetMore Sunset
More Sunset

Okay..you get the picture now!
Our friendOur friend
Our friend

...the JCB.
Hmm...Hmm...
Hmm...

I look awful! But I'm proudly wearing my T-Shirt!
Map of TiomanMap of Tioman
Map of Tioman

The map given to us by the woman at the agency - crude but sufficient!
TigerTiger
Tiger

...relaxing with a can of coke! Yes, I'm still a kid at heart, so much so that Tiger has come for the trip!
Another viewAnother view
Another view

it is pretty isn't it?
Our friendOur friend
Our friend

the lizard


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb