Our anniversary day


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Kuantan
August 21st 2016
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 3.97, 103.439

First, thanks to those who sent us greetings of all sorts.
We celebrated by attending church with wonderful people.
Then drove east about 4 hours, stopping at reststops we were indeed the only caucasians, but we are used to it by now. Incredible jungle, palm and rubber plantations, stairways leading from the road into who knows where.
We stopped to prepare sandwiches at a waterfalls - what brown water!
As we arrived in the state of Pahang, and neared the coastal cities of Kuantan and Pekan, we noticed differences - durians sold everywhere for one thing, along the roadside. And lampposts with Kris designs (the ceremonial daggers) and photos of the Sultan and his wife (would she be a sultana?)
The Ancasa is only 2 years old and luxurious and right on the edge off the big river, Sungai Pahang. The room gigantic, the tub big enough for back stroking, we swear the bed was 7' wide. We ate some of the chocolate mousse cake around 4 when we arrived, thinking we would eat a nice anniversary dinner somewhere. But then we found the night market with amazing array of tempting food stalls - satays of course, but also something like a puffy crepe with sweet corn and sugar as a base, and then you added cheese or meats. We wandered into Pekan, which is across the river from this hotel, and took the photos of the mosque and museum?? and the young men playing the Pokeman searching thing. It was getting dark plus we could tell it was going to pour, so we came back. Still not hungry enough to eat a real dinner!
We had no internet in the room, and Jean was her usual exhausted-at-night self, so she was asleep by 9. Haven't missed our dialogue though. What a comfy bed, yet again.
(We shall see what happens at the "China Inn" tonight, which costs about $20/night!)

If we are offline, we love you all. Def out of contact while on island for 4 days.


Advertisement



22nd August 2016

Love seeing your pictures!
22nd August 2016

Pretty dessert. Happy Anniversary David and Jean! We love you!!!
4th September 2016

Don't know if my other post went thru, Happy Late Anniversary

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb