Long long day


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Terengganu » Kuala Terengganu
August 22nd 2016
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 5.31679, 103.117

Today was a mixture of interesting discoveries and trials.
It seemed like we couldn't find anything - not the Tourist Bureau in Kuantan, nor the Turtle info center. Even having the GPS didn't help when we didn't have the exact address, so we kept pressing on after having a relaxing start and lovely breakfast buffet at the Ancasa, and walking outside by the large river to sight kingfishers.

The further north we went the more decorative were the welcomes and the flowers in the center of the divided highways. We didn't include the photos but there were enormous refineries on the E. Coast and lots of pipelines (deep sea drilling).

We stopped a few times at gas stations for snacks and potty breaks, but otherwise just pushed northward. Our longest stops: the floating mosque and the waterfront of Marang. Such colorful boats!

By Kuala Terengganu we were tired and ready to find our beds. Yes, carrying the bags up 2 flights of steps was tough, but $23 a night?! It was worth it. It's neat as a pin. We walked to dinner in the Chinatown area and ate outside, as we always do. Pricey meal - 4 drinks, 2 meals added up to 36RM (well, that's $9 so maybe it wasn't pricey after all).

Excited about our ferry over to the island tomorrow morning. We should be in the water by lunch time.

What did we learn today?
The Malaysians are proud of their towns, but generally bad at keeping trash picked up.
And David saw the news this morning that reported that on Friday night in KL, when we had witnessed lots of police checking in with so many people (we thought it was a raid on the foot massage place) was a drug bust. Penalty for drug trafficking, death penalty!

Off to bed, busy day tomorrow!


Advertisement



26th August 2016

Just catching up with all the pics, such wonderful adventures you are having!!
26th August 2016

Hi There - I hope you are enjoying yourselves today, wondering what you are doing already. lol I look forward to reading your adventures! Lots of love your way! J and C

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb