Cameron Highlands


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Cameron Highlands
August 26th 2008
Published: August 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So, on Sunday we took a very nice coach trip from the sweaty KL (after an even sweatier and long wait in the bus station...ugh) up winding mountain roads through jungle and later tea plantations as we neared The Cameron Highlands. Ahh...relaxing. When we stepped off the bus it was practically nippy outside! Fantastic!

We found a lovely guest house up on a little hill just out of the little highland town of Tanah Rata. It's really nice here, our room opens out to a garden patio area and the steps down into town.

Yesterday we took one of the jungle trail walks through the, well, jungle. It wasn't so hard for us hardy Lake District types - down hill all the way, although there was lots of fallen trees to scramble over and slippy muddy areas! It came out on the road at the bottom and , aster walking in the wrong direction for about half an hour, we caught a public bus back to town. The bus was full of school kids who were dropped off at a tea plantation (I guess their folks work there) and they were proper staring at us! Haha, they were sweet.

It seems that it rains every afternoon here. The mornings are like lovely English summer days and then all afternoon and all night it rains! Today we did the tourist thing and took a tour of the region. We were taken to a butterfly park (which also had cool insects and a gorgeous frog I got to hold!), a honey farm, a Chinese Buddhist temple, Rose Garden (great views from the top), strawberry farm (actually an excuse to buy a variety of strawberry related produce) and best of all the tea factory tour! We had a nice cuppa (iced for me) in the open air tea room overlooking the plantation. Rolling hills carpeted in green. Lovely.

Tomorrow we are going to attempt to make it to Teman Negara National Park - the oldest rainforest in the world! It's going to be a bit of a journey (mini bus, jungle train, mini bus and finally boat). We could just get a mini bus straight from here, but where's the fun in that?


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Mike drinking teaMike drinking tea
Mike drinking tea

It's all about the tea in The Cameron Highlands
Us enjoying curryUs enjoying curry
Us enjoying curry

Mike's favourite curry place in the world so far


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb