Penang to Cameron Highlands


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Cameron Highlands » Brinchang
March 31st 2013
Published: April 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

We laid in late, then bummed around until our bus picked us up at 2:30pm. We had the luxury of being the only four passengers on the minibus, all the way to the Cameron Highlands.

We arrived at Bringchang's Hotel Rainbow around 9pm, and after resting for a bit, Sophie and I headed out for food. We went to KFC and were disgusted at how rudely we were treated by the staff. They originally told us we'd have to wait ten minutes for our food, and when we agreed, they upped it to thirty minutes. Knowing they were just trying to get out of cooking our food, we agreed to wait the half-hour. While we were waiting, they were blatantly slating us and complaining about having to actually do their jobs. After fifteen minutes, they gave us our food, and before leaving, I told the manager that she shouldn't underestimate foreigners; that live in Kuala Lumpur and understood what she and her staff were saying. She paused for a few seconds, looking a little panicked, embarrassed and confused, then said "ok."

Getting back to the hotel, we realised our drinks were warm (no ice) and the chicken burgers had just been thrown together. Finger-licking good.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb