Loving Langkawi


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Langkawi
January 30th 2016
Published: January 30th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 30 January
Went out for an Indian fish meal last night cooked Tandoori style, it was a bad choice. The various fish and shell fish were coated in a Tandoori type of paste with no attempt at marinading , first poor standard meal we have had.Today Paula dragged us off to the Sky Bridge on the other side of the Island.The bridge is situated on one of the highest points on the Island and is accessed via a cable car reckoned to be the steepest in the World.As we are both petrified of heights Leo thought this somewhat over ambitious, but Paula reminded him that you have to celebrate life by doing something terrifying, once in a while. So we drove to the base of the cable car, accessible via Oriental Village, and had the ride of our lives! The photos do not do justice - we faced our fears with dignity. On leaving, we decided to drive northwards, across to the east side of the island, enjoying the winding leafy road and rural scenery as it unfolded. Made a short visit of one of the island's popular beaches, Tanjung Rhu, which is a pretty white sand beach with many water sports. Clear blue sea, looked good for swimming. We may return tomorrow.Returning to Pantai Cenang, we had lunch at a Chinese restaurant recommended to us by the Waitress we met in Batu Ferringghi, it is owned by her Sister . We were made welcome and served a very good meal of Chicken and rice with lovely Lemongrass flavours, the 'Happy Happy was well worth the visit and made up for yesterday's disappointment. Feeling very Happy, Happy, we drove The few minutes back to our tranquil Motel to chill out and watch the Bird life. Only snag today is that laundry not ready until morning. No problem! As Paula only brought one nice dress along as part of strict back-pack luggage, it's a case of 'same dress, different restaurant' this evening. Much easier for men!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



30th January 2016

back on course
Great pics, we're pleased you did the bridge - sounds so worthwhile and yes, it pays to be brave well done adventurous Pry x
1st February 2016

Hello Sis & Keith
Hello both. Typing from KLIA2 airport, bound for Thailand. We will meet up with Alf and Marilyn, Tony and Janet Tuesday afternoon. Should be really enjoyable few days. Leo recovered now and we're both ready for next adventure. Will take more food photos soon, and yes, we have had chicken satay, just for you!

Tot: 0.589s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1955s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb