At Sea Onboard Discovery - Malaka Straits to Langkawi


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Langkawi
March 4th 2012
Published: March 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

CRUISING AT SEA, MALAKA STRAITS TO LANGKAWI. Sunday 4 March, 2012.

This was really our first chance to get to find our way around the ship. We are on the Bali Deck in cabin 4399. This is on the same level as the reception desk and only one deck above the dining room which is very convenient.

The ship has two swimming pools and two jacuzzis, a gym, a cinema, a library, bridge room and card room. Breakfast can be waiter service in the restaurant or self service on the Lido Deck 9.

This morning M went to the craft class and made a memory book while D went to the Port Lectures on Langkawi and Phuket. We met up again for lunch and then after lunch M went to the Art Class.

We have now had two dinners with our dining companions and they all seem very nice. There are a couple of Scots called Dave and Irene, a couple of Ozzies Darryl and Annette and John and Marcia from Norfolk. John celebrated his 89th birthday last night so we all had a glass of fizz before dinner and then the waiting staff gathered round and did the usual birthday song and presented John with a cake that had Happy 21st Birthday painted in chocolate around the edge! After dinner we went to the welcome show which was OK.

Tonight's evening meal was the first formal dinner of the trip - so we had to put on our posh gear. Before the dinner all the passengers met in one of the lounges to meet the captain and his crew. More free fizz and a really good dinner followed by a recital by the ships trio which was excellent.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb