Langkawi Island


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Langkawi
May 1st 2009
Published: May 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

April 25th - 27th
We enjoyed 4 nights on Langkawi, weather was a bit rainy but only for a few hours each day. We walked along the road each day to the 'main' part of the shops. On Mike's birthday we had a fish foot spa- it was so tickly!!The fish eat your dead skin cells and are supposed to suck out the metabolic waste....hmmm. It only cost 2 pounds each for 15 minutes and it was quite fun if not a bit odd to have lots of garra rufa fish nibbling your toes.... There were very good restaurants lined along the road from our hotel and they were all open despite it beingvery low season.

April 28th - May 1st
Caught the afternoon ferry to Penang. Stayed 4 nights - a nice town which is just right for exploring on fooot. Lots of old buildings and a real mix of cultures. We went to the beach resort Batu Ferrenghi one afternoon and were glad we had stayed in the town- nothing to recommend it really. Also went to Penang Hill but the cable car was sold out until 6pm. So we went to the Bat Cave Temple which we were enthusiastically shown around- a torch was shone on the bats who were sleeping in the cave at the back of the temple!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb