Langkawi Reunion


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Langkawi
March 7th 2009
Published: April 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Us and the dutchiesUs and the dutchiesUs and the dutchies

We managed to consume 48 beers between us that night!
So, we arrived in Langkawi a day before our house was ready but luckily our hosts Marc and Di let us stay in their spare room for the night! We were all ready to watch the Spurs Man U final when we learned of the awful break in at the Brewery. We were both pretty devastated by the news and relieved at the same time that no one was hurt and that Barclay was safe! My beautiful engagement ring - Gone!! In the end we drank far too many medicinal jack Daniels and totally missed the final, although I think Tel was glad he didn’t watch it in the end! The next morning we woke to find our new Dutch friends had arrived and we moved into Pondok Keladi 2 ready for the imminent arrival of Luce and Josef. The weather had taken a turn for the worse in Langkawi and as it is a duty free island, and beer is cheaper than water, we went on the lash for a few days with our new friends, it was rude not to really! Tel and Patrick also tried their hands at a bit of Jet Skiing to fulfil their James Bond fantasies!!!
We had a fantastic time with the Dutchies and then we were ready for the arrival of L and J. It was so good to see them both at the airport and after a lot of gin and catching up we spent a few days ‘laxing (as Josef says) by the pool and just playing with J in the pool. We also took a trip to a waterfall where we encountered some pretty mean monkeys and had fun sliding down the waterfall. After the Dutchies had sadly left for KL then home we decided it was time for an adventure and decided to head over to Koh Lipe in Thailand for a week.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb