Saints Hockey Tour


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kuala Lumpur
April 7th 2004
Published: January 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I was lucky enough to be at Saints when they selected the First Hockey Teams (boys and girls) to go to Malaysia and Australia on a hockey tour. We spent three weeks touring and playing against some of the local teams. Our trip started in Kuala Lumpur visiting the Saltin's Palace, Melaka, quite a few shopping centres and of course playing hockey games in between. We even played in the Malaysian National Hockey Stadium in Bukit Jalil.

We then spent 3 days on the island of Langkawi - soaking in the sun, burying friends in the sand, touring the island, and spending our evenings at a restaurant on the beach. The dumbest story so far was when we decided to try swim (race) to a small island about 300m off shore. The race had to be cancelled when I landed both hands on an underwater rock covered in razor sharp barnacles. After using my foot to pry my fingers off the rock, I made my way back to the shoreline to face my hockey coach and manager with deeply cut and definitely bleeding hands. Needless to say they weren't impressed. Nothing a few plasters and a bandage couldn't fix.

Next we were off to Australia... Here instead of staying in hotels, we were hosted by the teams we were playing against. This allowed us to see Australia from a local point of view. However, we did still do our fair share of sightseeing and touristy things - we visited the Caversham Wildlife Park where we got to feed baby kangaroos, pat koala bears, hold a wambat and ride a camel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Langkawi at SunsetLangkawi at Sunset
Langkawi at Sunset

View from the Beach in front of our Resort
Girls First TeamGirls First Team
Girls First Team

Taken after our 8th consecutive win in Australia


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb