Exit Thailand, Arrival Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kelantan » Kota Bharu
February 22nd 2008
Published: February 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Howdy all,

The end of the working week in Belgium is approaching and we are still on the go... Following our last message from Bangkok, we successfully completed the 15 hour train journey to the south of Thailand after which we set sail for the Island of Ko Lipe. Lipe is a lovely island, we just arrived in a bad moment. It appears that the Thais have a long weekend while we were there and therefore there were way too many people on the island. Despite the busy atmosphere, we enjoyed our stay and the white sandy beaches and off course the sun. We also enjoyed our meals at Pooh's bungalows under Stino's (stijn de weer) picture on the wall. Pooh says hi by the way Stino...

For our last part of the trip, we embarked this morning to Malaysia. We left Ko Lipe in the morning with a speedboat which took us in 1:15hours to Pash Bara. From there we took a shared minivan to Hat Yai again (where we arrrived three day before with the train) and got on a bus to the Thai-Malaysian Border. We crossed the border in the late afternoon and continued our trip via taxi to the border town of Kota Bharu.
In this little Muslim town we are spending a short night tonight before hopping onto the Jungle Train in the morning (6:33) which will bring us to the Taman Negara National park. OUr plan is to spend the rest of our trip in the park and do some very nice Jungle hikes before setting off to Kuala Lumpur.

Stay tuned for more details on what is to come... ;-)

Greetz,

Mike and Rob

Advertisement



22nd February 2008

Try Perhentians ! You'll be surprised !
Don't go to Taman Negara just yet ! Go to nearby Perhentian Islands, just 50km to the south of Kota Bharu. Get a cab to go there. No one on the island at the very moment as it is the beginning of the season, after the monsoon. Beautiful, pristine, unique and simply amazing ! You know when you get there. Nothing like the Thais' ! Have a try, and you probably won't regret. Oh yeah, did I say you can " have " the island for your own ? Btw, some 6 km from the town center, is a resort called Pasir Belanda. A resort, with traditional Malay houses and introductions to Malay culture, managed by a Dutch couple ( and their kids ! ). I would recommend this one as the owner is European ( they might see things the way you do ). Just ask the locals for the direction.
23rd February 2008

Vacation!
Enjoy your last week sun! We will be waiting for you at home! Remember, it is still winter in Belgium! Kisses from Mum and Dad!
24th February 2008

Whaz up Bros!!
Hey guys!! Way to go on your adventures! Sounds like a once in a lifetime blast. Mikey I am so happy you are doing exactly what you had set out to do some time ago. Good for you - and what better travel companion than a lifelong best friend!! Have fun you crazy guys and stay safe! Love peggy

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb