All beautiful things come to an 'END'


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Antwerp Province » Antwerp
March 2nd 2008
Published: March 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey all

'(un)fortunately' we arrived this morning in Amsterdam. Fortunately we landed; unfortunately we had to land after our 3 weeks journey because somewhere our number of vacations days is not an exact max of our working days …
We immediately recognized we landed in Amsterdam around 05u23 this morning because the Dutch still have difficulties with ‘modern’ techniques since they couldn’t open the door to the luggage compartment of the plane automatically. They had to open the door ‘by hand’ which caused a delay of an hour and a half. Finally we collected our luggage and boarded onto the Thalys with final destination my beloved city ‘Antwerp’. We anticipated we won’t have the change to calculate how long it would take to travel from Amsterdam to Antwerp Central stations because we checked in on the HST ;-) Thalys train but … guess what … we did calculate it takes about 1u30 minutes !!! and wondered why some our tax money is used for that railway track aside the E19, direction Breda (a joke for the insiders) … ;-)

Anyway … we also like to apologies for not ‘blogging’ over the last few days although you can find more internet cafés all over Thailand Cambodia or Malaysia then Chinese tourist standing in front of ‘Mannekes Pis’ in Brussels, wondering how tail he actual is (height wise I mean) compared to themselves describing how all the rest looks so beautiful in BRUGGES ;-)))

But then again we spend most of our time, whilst in Malaysia, in Taman Negara , one of the world’s oldest tropical rainforest and this should be read ‘literally’ ‘spending time IN the rainforest ‘ means having an overnight stay in the rainforest in very ‘comfortable’ bunks ;-) .. but a very exiting experience and worthwhile our hiking trip of around 11km to get there through tick and dense forest pathways.

We roundup our fantastic journey with 2 overnight stays at the 5* Le Meridien ‘guesthouse’ in Kuala Lumpur enjoying the KL’s finest skyline with the Petronas Twin Towers and the Menara KL reaching out for the clouds and succeeded in doing so, which meant for us some rain, thunders and heavy showers over these last 2 days … and reason for not blogging in KL … well … I guess we lost count in the number KFCs, Starbucks, Subways, Mc Donalds, 7elevens … and it might well be that we did not only count but ‘occasionally’ frequented these places ;-)) .. Well can you blame us after 3 weeks of Chicken Curry Masala’s and Pat Thais ... ;-)

Please also allow me to thank my travel companion and my best friend, Robin, to make this one of my most remarkable, enjoyable and beautiful vacation I could ever hoped for. THANKS ROB ! You’ve been great company and an excellent guide. Looking forward to the next backpackers trip, as discussed he mate, Latin America, be prepared over there … oeps … guess I forgot Tina here, well robin, I leave that with you to handle, this time you have also most one year to ask her nicely …. ;-)

Thanks to you All as well for all the comments/messages and wishes, it has always been a pleasure.

/and I’m sure Robin and/or me will soon meet you all again in person to share more details and all the photos (published/and non=published ones ;-) upon this fantastic trip for me.
In the meanwhile some albums will be likely posted already on FACEBOOK
All the best/x/mike

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb