Christmas In Langkawi


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kedah & Perlis » Pulau Langkawi
December 29th 2008
Published: January 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Having met 2 HK friends Nick and Afsha at KL airport, we flew up north to the island of Langkawi for a nice relaxing Christmas!

We stayed at the Berjaya resort, and spent a couple of days relaxing. One of the highlights was a walk up to the 7 wells waterfalls - a ten minute climb (and past a few monkeys) took us up to a lovely clear spot, with an outlook over the hills to the coast. The water ran down the rocks, which were so smooth that they were like slides. We went down the waterfalls like they were slides at a water park. It was great!

There was a lot of nature around on the island, I saw 2 toucans, 2 different types of monkey including one with a baby, and a large monitor lizard.

Christmas Eve was a relaxed one, ending with a cracking night out on the beach.

After an afternoon on the beach, Christmas day dinner was at the Datai resort, a beautiful place, and what a dinner it was. Completely nontraditional, but completely exquisite! It was a thai restaurant, every course was fantastic as were the wines to match, a really lovely meal in lovely surroundings. The banana dessert was unforgettable!

A highlight for me ...On Christmas day, we had the task of finding a room for boxing day seen as there was no space at the Berjaya. After calling literally every hotel on the Island, the only one with a room was the Rebak Island resort....not even on langkawi, it's own private island! Ridiculously expensive, but we were left with no choice....what a hardship! (actually I was routing for the gecko guesthouse, but my company were not down with the hosteling plebs!).

On boxing day we took a ferry to the island and for the next 24 hours enjoyed the bliss of the resort! A beautiful pool, beautiful restaurants and a nice sunset.

The next morning and I was off to Penang, and going solo once again....I planned to take the ferry but it was booked up in advance, so instead it was a ferry to Kedah, a taxi, a bus to Butterworth, a ferry and a taxi into Georgetown, Penang!

J x


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Natural playground!Natural playground!
Natural playground!

7 wells water fall


Tot: 0.468s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 27; qc: 136; dbt: 0.1606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb