Kluang Weekend Getaway (April 2013)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Johor
April 20th 2013
Published: April 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 20th April to Sunday, 21st April 2013


Everyone seemed so friendly and yes, without the stresses of daily lives written all over their faces....


We had been discussing to pay a visit to JW's hometown for quite sometime now. After much thoughts, this was decided on the weekend of 20th April before one of us finally call it quits. JW was born in the township of Kluang, about 2 hours' drive from Singapore. Even though this was going to be my second visit to Kluang, I was actually looking forward to it especially through the eyes of a knowledgeable local.

By 4.45am on Saturday morning, I was already up and about in order to be on time for our 7.30am bus departing from Boon Lay Shopping Centre. It was closed to 9.30am when the three of us reached JW's hometown. After a brief stopover at his house, we were soon off to the railway station for breakfast. This was where the Kluang Rail Coffee was located. An institution since 1938, it was oftened crowded with people for its aromatic coffee at wallet friendly prices.

After our Tau Sar Piah encounter at Tong Huat Confectionery, we were off to Extreme Boutique Hotel where HH and I would be staying over the weekend. This was a convenient place to base ourselves in town since JW's house was just right across the road.

We were off to Zenxin Organic Farm in the afternoon, a short drive from the town centre. The sprawling farm was dotted with fruit trees and vegetables. At one corner of the farm were the rabbits' enclosure where we had much fun feeding them. For me, the highlight of this visit was getting to the lookout point where we were rewarded with nice views of the surrounding vistas.

We spent our Sunday morning hiking through the concrete trail of Gunung Lambak. There was a chance to cut through the suspension bridge and to calm our nerves at the waterfalls before heading back to Singapore.

Throughout the two days, JW showed us his favourite eating places that he would never fail to visit whenever he's back home. One thing that left me a deep impression was just how close-knitted the community was. Everywhere we go, we would bound to bump into some of his friends and relatives. Everybody seemed so friendly and yes, without the stresses of daily lives written all over their faces.

My trip to Kluang was a refreshing change from my usual routines and I'm certainly very thankful for the nice company for making this short getaway possible.

Thank you JW and HH.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb