Malaysia & Singapore Day 4


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Johor » Johor Bahru
May 21st 2009
Published: May 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 4 - Today has been a very quiet day indeed. We decided we had had enough of crossing the border to Singapore and just chill in Johor Bahru.

We strolled out about midday and headed to a couple of shopping centres. Conveniently close together we visited Tesco and Jusco along with the myriad of specialty stores that you get in a modern shopping mall.

I found a Starbucks Coffee Shop in the mall, and of course in Malaysia they provide free wi-fi internet access. In saying that, I did eventually find out that wi-fi is free in Singapore once you register with SG wireless, although you do need a mobile phone for them to SMS a password to you.

After shopping we got a cab back to the hotel where we imbibed in some of the local spirits which at RM20 for a half bottle you could become an alcoholic very quickly. Almost cheaper to buy a bottle of spirits than a beer.

We have seen a restaurant and bistro a few times on the way back to hotel, so we decided to try it out. Oh oh, most definitely a pick up joint for the local Chinese kids and not so young. We passed a restaurant in the Blue Wave Hotel next door to ours so we came back and went there. The meal was excellent. Service was great and even though the waitress could not speak good English, she did get a person who could to help with Dave’s dietary requirements.

Another good day, and tomorrow we are off on the train to Butterworth ,our stop off point for Penang and the beach and pool.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb