Rainy days in Macau


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau
April 26th 2017
Published: June 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

No we haven't stopped traveling, and yes I'm slightly late on blogging. over the last 6 weeks, I've been through few places...Saigon, Hong Kong, Macau, Bangkok, Dubai, Abu Dhabi. to this i can add obviously few days and dives at home in South Africa plus two weeks working and seeing friends in Congo. Fun point, I'm actually writing this from my latest discovery, naming the 149th country visited, but for which you'll have to wait to read about, if I don't forget to take few pictures!



I haven't stopped for ages in Macau. Bear in mind, we do not gamble, so the trip and bedroom may be above a casino...but we are not here to try to find our luck! We are staying in the biggest Sheraton in the world. Cheap room, super nice upgrade to a huge suite, but this seems normal in such a place. Fun fact, we have also staying with the the full management team of Marriott and Starwood, they are having their Asia Pacific meeting with over 4000 people involved. Kind of fun experience, but we didn't crash any of their parties.



You can see the pictures...we had rain, and a lot of it. Doesn't make it for the best experience visiting the old city. But good for Tanya and me, it's not our first visit here.



Last time we came here, for both of us, the Cotai strip was not even fully built. Today it's Casino/Hotel next to each others. It seems that most visitors here will not even make it to the Old City of Macau. Buses and transfers are actually geared to link the airport, the Cotai strip ferry terminal and all those hotels...and this is a seriously machine of efficiency.



So we spent time going around this new shopping mecca...but more important, spending some nice time sharing amazing Portuguese cuisine. Macau would not be a great stop without some amazing Portuguese cuisine....some nice wine...and yes I have to admit, some sangria! so we did it for lunch, and we did it well!



We will stop here again before the end of the year. This time trying the new St Regis. Rooms are way cheaper than in Hong Kong, specially during the middle of the week, and I found out that flights from Shanghai to Macau are also cheaper...so it will be a short stop-over, for a great bed...and some more Portuguese wine and cuisine....maybe also why not throw in some Christmas shopping!



Don't expect a blog on Saigon, Bangkok or Hong Kong...all these places are home, and not as fun as the sharks we have at home! Next blog will come soon, as we stay in early May to Abu Dhabi.



Times run so fast, when you think we received the keys of our flat in South Africa back in the middle of February, nearly 4 months already. Whales are on the way in....I'm back home middle of next week, so hope to get you one or two blogs about home by the middle of July.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb