Day 19 - Macau


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau » Macau
October 31st 2009
Published: November 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We had a sleep in and another buffet for breakfast. Our first stop yesterday was the Ruins of St Paul's. This must be the main tourist attraction in Macau as there were people everywhere taking photos. It is weird because the front of the building looks perfect but that is all there is. It only a few metres thick. From here we walked to Mount Fortress and had a look at all the old school cannons. There is a great view of the city from up at Mount Fortress.

Our next stop was the Macau Museum. They were scanning for H1N1 at the entrance but we both made it through ok. It was now lunchtime so we stopped to get some food including a couple of famous Portuguese egg tarts. The eggs tarts were so good! We walked around for a while and checked out some shops and off to the right I saw a sign to a Mansion. I suggested we should visit the Mansion and Pepsi said come this way (which was straight). I thought he didn't want to see the Mansion and wanted to go somewhere else so I followed him. Along the way we looked at a few shoe stores and about 1.5kms down the road Pepsi asked where this Mansion was........He thought we were heading to the Mansion and I thought we were going somewhere else LOL. The turnoff to the Mansion was now too far away so we gave up on that idea and caught a taxi to Macau tower.

The sky jump and bungee jumping at Macau Tower looked a bit too scary for us. I was tempted to do the Mast Climb but it was $270aud so I decided I better not. Instead we caught the lift up to the observation deck where we had a great 360 degree view of the city. In certain parts of the floor they had clear glass panels you could stand on. I stood on these and looked down to the ground. Luckily I had not eaten that many buffets and the panels did not collapse 😊 I tried to grab Pepsi and place him on the glass panel but he was too scared. I even bet him a cheeseburger meal (BTW he already owes me one) but he still would not do it.

At the hotel we hit up the buffet and I am sure their profits margins for the month would be way down..........It only cost us about $25 but the food was awesome. I had fresh octopus & salmon & tuna & trout sashimi, turtle soup, shark fin soup, abalone (I have never seen it at a buffet before so we punished it), oysters, prawns and crab plus a whole lot more.......

From here we hit the Casinos again. It was weird but in most restuarants and Casinos we were the only non Chinese there (Pepsi blended in better than I did).
We spent a lot of our time at the Wynn where Pepsi thought he would take a bathroom break. The closest bathroom was 20 metres away but somehow he managed to choose another one further away. I waited over 50 minutes and then figured he went home because he was not feeling well. He actually got lost and returned to the wrong blackjack table. I moved on to the next Casino while Pepsi gave up looking for me and played the pokies. I played at a few more Casinos and then went back to the room where Pepsi had arrived a few minutes earlier. He had to pretend he was me to get let into the room because I had the only key.

I managed to finish $400HKD up over the two days which is not too bad. What I did learn is that not one single person plays basic strategy (optimal strategy) over here. Most people rely on instinct which means more losses in the long run 😞

Ripoff Tally - 12 (Pepsi lost on the Pokies)



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb