Macau


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau » Macau
July 10th 2008
Published: July 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So I am finally updating my travel blog!!

ok so strating from the very beginning, we arrived in Hong Kong airport at around 5pm on wednesday 9th July and then we went straight onto the ferry to macau rather than going through customs which was rather nice!after a very rocky 45mins on the boat we arrived in the Las Vagas of China!!and man was it bright!!we then got our luggage donned our backpacks for the first time and set out to find our hostel (it was now about 9pm n very dark!!) so we thought for ease we would jus grab a taxi and pay the price, here we came across our fist barrier...no one spoke english!!!!so we got out of that taxi and tried another one, thankfully this man was wise and decided to ring the number of the hostel for directions so we finally arrived 😊 we settled in and had a shower (its HOT over here even throughout the night!!) and then about 10 we set out to explore!found ourself this little chinese food place to eat (mushrooms and noodles) and then headed to a Casino!!very cool but totally touristy!we felt rather tired after that so headed back to bed for our first night travelling!feels so good to back in this lifestyle!

woke up quite late the next day, what with jet lag and all that spent a while chatting to our room mate and then went out for somebreakfast (that consisted of crackers n crisps!!) before we had to leave Macau and head to the airport as we had a flight to catch to Bangkok!!!!

The airport was very cool in Macau although the run way is on a sand bank ands when you took of you immediatly turned which i thought was a bit odd and then felt like we were going to crash for the rest of the flight haha but we soon safely landed in Bangkok and the story will continue....


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0679s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb