Lost in Laos


Advertisement
Asia » Laos
June 7th 2013
Published: June 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Paradise for me has always been defined by a white sandy beach, palm trees and a turquoise ocean - I never thought that paradise could be found in a landlocked country. Laos has completely redefined paradise for me. This is a land of such extreme natural beauty, that I have been left speechless on more occasions than I can count. In my life I have been lucky enough to have seen many beautiful plac... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




8th June 2013

Good Info
Really happy that I came across your blog - we're heading to Laos in a couple of weeks and we are following a similar path in the North. Haven't heard yet about that town you trekked out of but we may try to do that now, it sounded amazing. The photo at the top of the mountain Phuo Si I thinked looked great, I'll have to look for that too. Enjoy Thailand - I'd recommend Doi Mae Salong and Kanchanaburi as my two favorites.
9th June 2013

Thanks - trekking out of Luang Nam Tha was definitely worth it. Compared to some of the stories I've heard from trekking out of Chiang Mai it sounds like a totally different experience! I'd recommend the company 'Into the Wild' - they were great and great value for money! Phuo Si is right in the middle of Luang Prabang, you can't miss it - only takes 15 minutes to get to the top too! Good spot for sunset.
17th June 2013

love this blog
we too are heading to Laos in September, first to Vientiene for 3 nights then LP for 4 nights. My husband worked on a mapping project for World Heritage listing for LP many years ago and we want to go back and see how things worked out, meet up with some of the lovely people he worked with and explore a little. We are not backpackers so may not go as far afield as you have but we are really looking forward to it and info in you blog is very helpful. I will check out your Cambodia and Vietnam blogs as well as we are going there too.

Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 15; dbt: 0.0151s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb