Another take on getting through Asia


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos
January 15th 2010
Published: January 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wow, getting to Vietnam has been one of the most amazing and difficult things I have ever done. After Bali, Tommy and I flew to Thailand were we promptly got sick and then stuck on Khao San road for almost a week. It was so beautiful and terrible! Thailand is more sexy and western than any of the other countries in south east asia so far. Girls are always looking for a rich western guy to take them someplace nice or not so nice as long as they are paid for in one way or another. In Bangkok and Phucket you get to see the prostitutes and lady boys jiggling their fake body parts in your face. It is kind of gross and I felt a little old to be apart of it all. We spent about two weeks in the Bangkok and South Thailand before flying to Chiang Mai, which is beautiful and serene. We pet tigers, hiked waterfalls, and chilled out in a nice hostel before heading on an overnight bus ride to Laos. it took like 24 hours to cross borders but we ended up in Vang Vieng for New Years. Drugs seem fairly legal there and we enjoyed ourselves before running away to a nice town called Luang Prabang. We got lost in the beauty of the area, and stayed for 8 days. We met a crazy German guy who almost sold us a Russian Minks bike, but we later found out that he was ripping us off so we set out on boat instead. We took a wooden boat 6 hours up the Makong/Nam Soe river to a little town called Nong Kiaw. We stayed for a night and then took another boat to another town, where we drank to much Laos whiskey and over slept. The next day we woke at 5 in the morning to meet our European friends and head to Vietnam. And here we are .
It is kind of a gross town called Dien Bein Pho. But we leave tomorrow for Hanoi. We will buy a motorcycle and spend 10 days up in the mountains. It is so cold here now, I am nervous we did not pack enough warm clothes. Tomorrow we will purchase the things we need and start a new trek! yeah! Tonight lots of sleep. Peace and love.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb