Which are the Best Mobile Operators to Choose for Tourist SIM card Laos?


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos
September 21st 2023
Published: September 21st 2023
Edit Blog Post

A SIM card is a must if you want to keep in touch while exploring Laos. Traveling Laos SIM card allows you to effortlessly research destinations, find the best restaurants, and obtain directions to your hotel, reserve cabs, and keep in touch with friends and family back home.

Roaming is an option; however it can get expensive very quickly due to foreign surcharges. This is why a local SIM card or an eSim is recommended so you can take advantage of the low phone rates in your area.

The Lao Telecommunications Corporation (LTC)

In Laos, Lao Telecom is a major player. It's a Lao business supported by Thai capital. Although Laotel (also known as LTC) is the country's first 5G provider, its service area is quite small. LTC provides some of the greatest mobile coverage in Laos and has excellent 3G and 4G speeds.

LTC Prepaid Sim Cards and Mobile Top-ups are available across Laos at any of their authorized retailers.

As a tourist in Laos, obtaining a prepaid SIM card is simple. However, you may still need to learn some rudimentary phrases in the local language in order to activate the SIM card, register it, add money to the account, and then activate a data plan.

If you'd rather not deal with this inconvenience upon arriving in Laos, you may get a prepaid SIM card from our website and have it sent directly to your accommodation.

Unitel

Unitel is a division of Viettel, a Vietnamese telecommunications company. Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Burundi, and Peru are just few of the nations where Viettel operates mobile services.

When it comes to cell service in remote places, the Vietnamese provider is widely regarded as the best. Their coverage within cities is also commendable.

Mytel in Myanmar, Metfone in Cambodia, and Viettel in Vietnam are all options for travelers. However, Unitel is a member of the same "family" and will offer you essentially the same service.

Unitel Mobile Internet Promotions

Unitel also provides Fiber to the Home service for those who aim to make Laos their permanent home for a few months or years. Unitel's home broadband service is both affordable and lightning fast.

If you're a digital nomad who needs a reliable Internet connection, this is an option worth exploring. Short installation times mean you can sign up even if you're only in Laos for a few months.

ETL

Another Laotian mobile provider funded in part by the Chinese is ETL. Despite its smaller size in comparison to Unitel and Lao Telecom, the operator provides adequate service. However, if you plan on going off the usual path, you may find that the coverage is insufficient.

Best Telecom

Best Telecom is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) on ETL's network. However, the upstart cellphone provider is busy constructing its 4G system.

Since Best currently only provides postpaid SIM cards, the service is not as accessible or simple to use as the previously mentioned options. However, their fixed broadband connections (FTTH) are unparalleled, and their customer service is excellent.

TPLUS

Before Lao Telecom bought it, TPLUS was known as Beeline. TPLUS is now an MVNO on the LTC network, with a focus on serving the country's youth. The services tourist SIM card Laos provide are comparable to those of Lao Telecom.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.712s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb