The Benefits of Combining Fitness and Travel: A Personal Story of a Fitness Holiday in Phuket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
September 21st 2023
Published: September 21st 2023
Edit Blog Post



Have you ever wondered what it would be like to combine fitness and travel? To work out in a different country, surrounded by new sights, sounds, and smells? To challenge yourself physically and mentally, while also having fun and relaxing? To meet new people who share your passion and goals, while also learning about their culture and lifestyle?

If you have, then you are not alone. I had the same curiosity and desire, and that’s why I decided to book a fitness holiday in Phuket, Thailand. A fitness holiday is a type of vacation that combines physical activity, healthy eating, relaxation, and adventure. It is a great way to improve your health, fitness, and well-being, while also exploring a new destination.

I booked my fitness holiday through Geek Wandering, an innovative travel agency that offers a unique blend of active rest and relaxation experiences. They have specialized tours that cater to adventure enthusiasts who crave excitement and rejuvenation in equal measure.

I chose the Phuket FitCation package, which combines fitness training at one of the best training camps in Thailand, with accommodation being a nice hotel just across the road from the training camp. I stayed for two weeks, and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. The ensuing two weeks unfolded as a tapestry of transformative experiences, presenting a multitude of benefits that forever etched themselves into my memory

I improved my fitness level and achieved my goals

One of the main benefits of combining fitness and travel is that you can improve your fitness level and achieve your goals in a fun and motivating environment. You have access to world-class facilities, equipment, and trainers who will guide you through various classes and sessions. You also have the opportunity to try new activities and sports that you may not have access to at home.

At training camp, they had an excellent training program with classes running from morning till evening giving you the ability to try different types of workouts. I had a mix of strength training, cardio training, HIIT training, yoga classes. I also had access to the gym anytime I wanted. The trainers were very professional, friendly, and supportive. They pushed me to my limits, but also respected my pace and feedback.

I also tried some new activities that I had never done before, such as Muay Thai boxing, stand-up paddle boarding, and zip-lining. These activities were not only fun and exciting, but also challenging and rewarding. They helped me improve my skills, confidence, and endurance.

By the end of my fitness holiday, I had improved my fitness level significantly. I had lost some weight, gained some muscle, and increased my stamina. I had also achieved some of my personal goals I had running 10 km without stopping, doing 10 pull-ups in a row, and holding a plank for 3 minutes.

I improved my health and wellness

Another benefit of combining fitness and travel is that you can improve your health and wellness in many ways. You not only burn calories and tone your muscles, but also improve your cardiovascular health, flexibility, balance, coordination, and immunity. You also improve your mental health by releasing endorphins, reducing stress hormones, and increasing serotonin levels.

During my trip, I had a healthy diet. I had three meals a day that were prepared by a chef using fresh and local ingredients. The meals were balanced and delicious, and they satisfied my appetite and cravings. I also had snacks and drinks available throughout the day. The food was not only nutritious but also diverse and flavorful. I had dishes from Thai and international cuisines such as pad thai, curry, salad, pizza, and more.

I also had plenty of time to relax and rejuvenate between my workouts by enjoying the amenities of the hotel or nearby beach. I had a comfortable and spacious room with air conditioning and Wi-Fi. I had access to the pool and the garden where I could sunbathe or read a book. I also had massages and spa treatments. They helped me soothe my muscles and calm my mind.

By the end of my fitness holiday, I had improved my health and wellness in many ways. I felt more energetic and alert. I slept better and woke up refreshed. I felt happier and more positive.

I explored a new destination and had an unforgettable experience

A third benefit of combining fitness and travel is that you can explore a new destination and have an unforgettable experience. You can discover the beauty and diversity of the place you visit by seeing its natural and cultural attractions. You can also join optional excursions that will add more excitement and adventure to your holiday.

During my trip, I had the opportunity to explore Phuket and its surroundings. Phuket is one of the most popular destinations in Thailand and Southeast Asia, attracting millions of visitors every year. It offers a rich cultural heritage, stunning natural beauty, delicious cuisine, and friendly people.

I visited some of the most famous and beautiful places in Phuket such as the Big Buddha, Wat Chalong, Phuket Old Town, Patong Beach, and more. I also joined some optional excursions that were organized by Geek Wandering such as a boat trip to Phi Phi Islands, a snorkeling session at Coral Island, and a night out at Bangla Road.

By the end of my fitness holiday, I had explored a new destination and had an unforgettable experience. I learned new things about Phuket and Thailand. I saw amazing sights and took beautiful photos. I had fun and enjoyed every moment of my holiday.

I met new friends

A fourth benefit of combining fitness and travel is that you can meet new friends and have a great community. You can connect with like-minded people who share your passion and goals, while also learning about their culture and lifestyle. You can also support each other and inspire each other along the way.

I met some of the most amazing people I have ever met. They came from different countries and backgrounds, but they had one thing in common: they loved fitness and travel. They were friendly, funny, and generous. They made me feel welcome and comfortable.

We trained together, ate together, relaxed together, and explored together. We shared our stories, our challenges, our successes, and our dreams. We cheered each other on, gave each other tips, and helped each other out. We also had fun together, laughed together, and partied together.

By the end of my fitness holiday, I had made some new friends. I still keep in touch with them through social media and email. I hope to see them again someday or maybe join another fitness holiday with them.

Combining fitness and travel is one of the best things you can do for yourself. It can help you improve your fitness level, health, wellness, happiness, and more. It can also help you explore a new destination, have an unforgettable experience, meet new friends, and have a great community.

If you are interested in booking a fitness holiday in Phuket, I highly recommend Geek Wandering’s website. They have several packages that suit your needs and preferences. They also have excellent customer service and support. They will help you plan your perfect fitness holiday in Phuket.

Don’t hesitate any longer; book your fitness holiday in Phuket today and get ready for the best time of your life!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.638s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.2188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb