Vang Vieng


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
September 19th 2012
Published: September 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Vang Vieng is about 150KM from Vientiane (a 3hr drive) and the town is surrounded by mountains & rivers.

After spending one night at 'Pans Place', I moved accommodation to a guesthouse on the river 20000 KIP per nt more than Pans Place, but literally over a 'ramshackle' wooden bridge over the river.

You can certainly see the effect the closure of the river bars has had on tourism. It is very quiet here. More like a seaside town now than somewhere like Ibiza!

In the datyime, people try their hand at Kayaking, river tubing or walk to the blue lagoon, as I did yesterday.

The scenery around here is stunning, the town is encompassed by huge limestone cliffs and green rice paddies.

In the evening, the bars/restaurants are occupied by tourists watching re-runs of friends and family guy whilst sipping a fruit shake.

Its extremely hot and humid here, certianly more so than in Vientiane and be warned that the mosquitos are out in force by the river!

Im nursing a number of bites and a bee sting apparantly...So on more antibiotics! Still at 80 pence for a day 10 day course, it's not too bad.

Woke to the monsoon this morning. But its cleared now and the sun is out. I've Just had breakfast - Fruit, museli and yoghurt, a Liptons Tea and water...all for less than 2 pounds.

Vang Vieng in cheaper for food and laundry in comparison to Vientiane but then Vientiane is the capital, so you expect that I suppose.

I had intended to upload my photos, but I have brought the wrong connector into the internet cafe!

Ill upload them tomorrow

love to all xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement







Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb