Vang Vieng


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
September 17th 2012
Published: September 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I took the minivan to Vang Vieng today and arrived into a very quiet town at around 13:00.

Finding that there were no tuk tuks around I opted for the closest accommodation, Pans Place. Its run by an expat from Australia/New Zealand and his Lao wife.

The accommodation is basic but offers a double room with fan and private bathroom for 30,000KIP. Its definintely a backpacker place and caters towards the crazy youth, that VV once saw not so long ago. Sadly, well not for me, for for the younger crazier crowd definitely, the place is near a ghost town. Although you can still tube the river, there are no bars to stop off at along the way, although the backdrop with the cliffs and the river is truly stunning.

Ive found a place on the rivers edge for 50000 KIP, double room with private bathroom, much nicer for the minimal difference in price and right on the river! So I switching accommodation tomorrow.

Its funny to see but there is a street full of bars/restaurants with Friends or family guy on repaeat all day/night long. The views from the back of these places over the river is amazing and so comfy, you dont want to leave.

Im so glad I decided to come and its even better now the Lao governement has put a stop to all the bars along the river.

I off for tea now and then may have a lazy day tubing the river tomorrow, then going to try and find the blue lagoon and cave mid week.

Ill post more another night



Love to all xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.2008s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb