Golden Triangle Business


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Pakbeng
June 12th 2008
Published: June 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Time's standing stillTime's standing stillTime's standing still

.. nothing to do in the middle of nowhere. No TV, no electricity result in long faces. So, what do you think what we did about it. Let me recall ... guess we re-invented the whell or so.
Gals 'n Boys ... how's everything over ther pond ? How is the german team doing in the EM, hope your TVs are working fine andf you[ve a great deal of ice-cold beer in the fridge. It's been a while since we updated our blog bcoz we got a little disconnected while floating thru beautiful Laos. No electricity, internet, TV, we very much appreciated it. What attracted us most were the friendly and welcoming people, nobody is rushing you, no hassle, even in the capital Vientane one gets enchanted by the unhurried and comfortable way of living. If u need to settle back from your constant level of tension, Laos is the place to be.
Off the beaten track in the countryside of the Bolaven plateau we discovered a cosy piece of earth called Tad Lo which reminded us strongly of lower mountain scenery in the Swiss or Austrian alps. For sure the palm trees and other djungle indicators give the picture some odd flavour. We travelled on the main rocky road N13 northwards [til it ends, jumped off the fancy vehicle (they call it bus) for short pitstops at Thakkek, Vientane, Luang Prabang and finally Oudomxai. Scenically what amazed us
Once upon a time in the beauty parlorOnce upon a time in the beauty parlorOnce upon a time in the beauty parlor

Little pretty ladies booked a session in Irina's beauty farm to get prepared for the jungle beauty contest. Nice indeed though Irina failed to make them win, some gibbon monkey won the 1st price.
very much were the rugged mountains with its plains and plateaus especially further north.
We finalized this lovely trip with a stunning slow boat ride on the Mekong and crossed border to Thailand today at Huang Xai.
Gonna rent a 4x4 tomorrow to explore the north of Thailand, loads of adventurous stuff to come up shortly, but first it[s time for a Chang beer, we are dying for a drink now.
We drink one or two on you guys ... Proooost.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Catch of the dayCatch of the day
Catch of the day

Look at the brave fisherman on the right upper corner, what a tough guy. We figured out later on the day that almost everyone is smoking giant ganjas ... that explains everything, if I was only half as stoned as him, I would have done the same. Nevermind the fish was tasty.
Fligh TB 725 just landedFligh TB 725 just landed
Fligh TB 725 just landed

In Oudomxai we had to cross the runway in order to trek the mountains. In a silent moment between start and landing of some old military aircrafts we took that snapshot.
Land of the trolls, the dwarfs and the elvesLand of the trolls, the dwarfs and the elves
Land of the trolls, the dwarfs and the elves

Forget Lord of the rings, mystery of North Laos shall catch your soul at once. You better do not step into the woods which are inhabited by witches which will bewitch you into something weird ... at least they'll put a spell on you.


14th June 2008

Hier ist kalt!!!!!
Gefühlte 10 grad in Köln, Deutschland hat scheiße gespielt und gegen kroatien verloren wo ist der sinn des lebens??? ihr müsst auch mal wiederkommen....ihr fehlt...sehr...ich trinke ohne tony viel weniger bier....nicht gut... ich fliege morgen nach ägypten...da ist warm...

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb