Rocky Mountains of Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Mae Sai
June 20th 2008
Published: June 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Rock 'n RollRock 'n RollRock 'n Roll

Yeah, Europe meets Asia in the famous Cat Bar in Chiang Rai. We definitely kicked ass in that place and it's so sad you cannot spot the massive audience of 3000 people freaking out on the photo. Yaya okok, only 2000 showed up on the concert ...
Hello all you lovers, sinners, gamblers, ramblers ... how are you doing, what are you doing and why are you doing that 😊
Long live the king, the king of Thailand of course. By the way, I'm serious, as long as the kingdom has power and is intact, everything's seems under good control. After only 10 days, both of us have to admit, Thailand is really fantastic, even the millions of backpackers who invaded this place over the last decades couldn't really change that fact. Still the people are so relaxed and there are plenty of charming places where u don't run into tourist ghettos or backpacker bubbles (for sure I won't mention them).
After hitting the winding tracks in mountainous North Thailand with our Pick Up Truck, the whole atmosphere really put a spell on us.
Thailand is divided into 76 provinces which are all very rich in historical, cultural and religious background. Bordered by Myanmar and Laos, characterised by forested mountains - Himalayan foothills - and fertile river valleys, northern Thailand encompasses part of the fabled Golden Triangle. This part of Thailand is also prominent for its crisp mountain scenary, exotic hill tribes, ancient cities, Thai and Burmese-style temples,
Deep green jungleDeep green jungleDeep green jungle

Yes and we met them all, Crocodile Dundee, Indianer Jones, Tarzan Jane & Cheetah and all the other blokes. There are sayings that some tribes deep deep inside are waiting for imprudent tourists like us to eat them alive. We decided to turn and ran straight out thru the door back to civilisation.
and last but not least the friendly people.
That doesn't mean that the south is not worth visiting, it has a different charme and flavour.
We will head south tomorrow to Chiangmai or Bangkok, need to apply for our Myanmar Visa at the embassy. Bkk will be a good address to exchange some of our heavy worn clothes, you will see it on the next pictures.
Take care, take it easy and stay tuned ... Kisses, Iri and Tony


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

VegetarianVegetarian
Vegetarian

Everythings grows bigger in these climate conditions, even the buddha statues are bigger than elsewhere.
Stoked or stoned ?Stoked or stoned ?
Stoked or stoned ?

Well, although we're taken care of no business at the moment, we took a closer look at this particular factory in the golden triangle. After some tasty welcome teas and a good deal of pipe, everything appeared so interesting, magic and beautiful.
And there he is ...And there he is ...
And there he is ...

his holiness, the biggest sitting buddha, on a big fat boat crusing up and down the Mekong. Not a very chatty fellow but we received some blessings ...


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb