Not Just Another Waterfall


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
January 22nd 2011
Published: March 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: So Powerful 5 secs
The first partThe first partThe first part

Okay, it's beautiful, but I still didn't see what all the fuss was about.
The five of us met at 9am to take a tuk tuk 32 km to Tat Kuang Si, a multi-tiered waterfall that stretches and winds its way through the forest. We arrived after nearly an hour. While the others got excited at the bottom and started thinking about swimming, I took off through the woods to see where it went and what was higher up.

I worked my way up from the bottom, unsure how big it was or how far I had to go. With each new view, each new spot, it got more and more beautiful. Small waterfalls gave way to turquoise tide pools and then larger waterfalls. The grand finale was one of the tallest waterfalls I've seen. It was so tall I couldn't see the top. As I walked toward it on the path, the top vanished from view.

Colin decided to climb up and see how high he could go. He got about half-way up, to the amazement of the crowd below. There were also paths behind it that supposedly led all the way to the mysterious top. But due to a lack of time none of us explored that high.

We left,
Up a little higherUp a little higherUp a little higher

Ohh, this is nice
wishing we could have spent more time there. But tuk tuk drivers tend to stick to one location per half-day, and our time was up.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0936s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb