Sabaydee from Luang Prabang


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
March 2nd 2006
Published: March 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Phew! We made it to Luang Prabang. After that boat ride I would've been happy with anything but we were lucky enough to get a reasonable room on the quieter side of town.

We spent our time in LP checking out the sites of the city, a highlight being the climb up Mt Phou Si (no jokes) to see the views of all around - it was amazing. Back on the ground we explored the various Wats around town, one of which was crumbling and overrun with trees - quite pretty.

We ate at the vegan buffet in the night market - a very cheap way to catch up on our greens and very tasty. The night market itself was really neat - it stretched out along the main street which was closed to traffic (mostly) and had rows of beautiful lanterns and lovely handicrafts such as silks, clothing and wooden items.

We took the advice of Kevin (our buddy from Pai) and visited the notorious Hive bar. It was really cool, a mainly brick building playing nice chill out music (with a bit of pop later for good measure). We grabbed a candle-lit table in the corner and let all our aches and pains wash away with a few bottles of beer Lao and some LaoLao (rice whisky) cocktails, Nice!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0948s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb