The SLOW boat


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Ban Houayxay
February 18th 2007
Published: February 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sunset from the boatSunset from the boatSunset from the boat

Yes thats how long we were on the boat for (9am till 7pm)
Sat 17th Feb
We all went for a last breakfast at JoMa’s I was devastated as they had run out of cinnamon swirly buns. Keirra and I got a TukTuk to the ferry port and got on our boat for the day. There were a few comfortable seats but they had already gone. The boat filled up as we were sitting on a small wooden bench with upright back. We took it in turns to sit on the floor leaning against the wall and on the bench (the floor being more comfortable!) There was an elephant festival that was on this weekend and when we got there most of the boat got off (including Kerra). So for the last bit of the journey I got a more comfortable seat.
Shared a room with Bex and Lauren from aus who we had me out a few nights before.

Sun 18th Feb
Made a packed with 3other boys from the boat for whoever made it to the boat first would save the comfy seats. We all turned up an hour before the boat left to find that we weren’t on the same boat and there were no comfy seats. However it wasn’t as busy and we all got a double seat. I had borrowed Lauren’s book ‘Marching Powder’ about the Prison in LaPaz which works on bribery and you have to buy you own room. I got into it and had to finish it by the end of the day so now my boat trip had a purpose and seemed to go quicker. The scenery is really beautiful and looks more like coast than the edge of a river.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb