Houyxai


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » North
January 13th 2015
Published: February 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

One more bridge linking between the two countries over the Mekhong. mean another boat border crossing point disappeared! also mean more time consumed for extra distant to get to the costom entry point. to avoid it, I skipped Chiang Khong all together. by grapping the direct bus from Chiang Rai to Houyxai. came back here again after 7 years, still a quiet little town seem like only live on the slow boat business for tourists down to Luang Prabang, beside...the town really get not much to offer, climb up the temple right from the boat landing kind of a good excuse to do some execise. but the less known Fort Carnot offered an great view once you scale up the old fort, still got some energy, you can walk further down to the main market but don't hoping for any surprise.

since there are direct bus run from Yunnan to Huoyxai, and those cargo ship sail up and down the Mekhong from China, the town in fact did expanded, you could see Chinese hotel and guesthouse, Chinese restaurant and shop, I am sure there are more to come. again a warning....watch out for the “locust”!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb