what? Another Wat?


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » North
November 18th 2010
Published: November 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We have now moved north to the cultural town of Luang Prabang. It's famous for the many wats (temples),we spent two days wandering around the wats and watching the monks go about their daily lives. Evenings were spent wandering through the night markets that set up along the road, it was an amazing place but there are only so many temples you can see so after 2 days we decided to return to Vang Vieng. This time we visited water holes and caves that went deep into the limestone karsts, with spectacular stalectites and formations.

Our time here in Laos has almost come to an end and we are back here in Vientaine for a day before heading down to Bangkok. Not sure what we'll be doing after that but right now taking advantage of cheap internet at last!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Sunset over the  Nam Song Sunset over the  Nam Song
Sunset over the Nam Song

We just had to come back to Vang Vieng
View From  the Cave EntranceView From  the Cave Entrance
View From the Cave Entrance

We are now back in Vang Vieng


23rd November 2010
Umberellas of the Night Market

Love it!
I love this picture? Did you buy anything at the night market? I got a silver bracelet and some cute kid stuff for school (in storage somewhere) but not much as was too worried about carrying it! As it is the start of your trip, I'm guessing you are the same. By the way, it is pouring rain here!
26th November 2010

Note for your diary
Make sure you,re back for the 21st of may.....day of the big wedding......take care
2nd December 2010

wedding
yes we will be back in time for your wedding but we also have another wedding in May but not sure when yet so hoping the dates won't clash. Happy wedding preperations!

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb